It is the policy of the City to ensure that DBES as defined in Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. It is also City policy to engage in the following actions on a continuing basis:
- Ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts;
- Create a level playing field on which DBES can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts;
- Ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- Ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBES;
- Help remove barriers to the participation of DBES in DOT assisted contracts;
- Promote the use of DBES in all types of federally-assisted contracts and procurement activities;
- Assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program; and
- Make appropriate use of the flexibility afforded to recipients of Federal financial assistance in establishing and providing opportunities for DBES.
The City has disseminated this policy statement to the City Council and this statement will be posted to the City's internet website. This statement has been distributed to DBE and non-DBE business communities that may perform work on City DOT-assisted contracts. The distribution was accomplished by publishing to the Airport's website.