It is the policy of the City to ensure that DBES as defined in Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. It is also City policy to engage in the following actions on a continuing basis:
- Ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts;
- Create a level playing field on which DBES can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts;
- Ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- Ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBES;
- Help remove barriers to the participation of DBES in DOT assisted contracts;
- Promote the use of DBES in all types of federally-assisted contracts and procurement activities;
- Assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program; and
- Make appropriate use of the flexibility afforded to recipients of Federal financial assistance in establishing and providing opportunities for DBES.
The City of Sanford hereby announces its goal of 1.63% for Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) participation on Airport Improvement Program (AIP) contracts at the Sanford Seacoast Regional Airport for federal fiscal years 2024 through 2026. A copy of the Airport’s DBE Plan, goal, and rationale can be viewed by clicking “View Document” below.