You will be required to provide your name, address, date of birth, and driver license number for electronic identify verification, and appropriate proof of relationship documents when placing an order ($2 fee per transaction). The identity verification fee is non-refundable and applies whether or not the municipality is able to fulfill your order.
We will have the following records on file in our office. If you are not sure if an event took place in Sanford, you can call ahead to see if we have the record.
For persons who were born in Sanford or if born in another MAINE Town or City, and the parents (mother) were residents of Sanford. (provided the information is listed correctly on the birth record)
For marriages that took place in Sanford. Some records for Sanford residents who were married in another MAINE Town or City. (depends on the year-rules changed back & forth over the years)
For persons who passed in Sanford or in another MAINE Town or City, and was a resident of Sanford. (provided the information is listed correctly on the death record)
APPLYING FOR A LICENSE TO GET MARRIED:
Click on the link below for the pamphlet "Planning Your Marriage in Maine". This has important information on requirements to get a marriage license in the State of Maine. This includes information for Maine residents and Non-Residents.
Please take note: If you are a Sanford resident getting married in Maine or from out of state and applying in Sanford, you will be required to make an appointment to apply for the license. If you live in Maine and are looking to get married in another state or foreign country - please check with that location for the requirements. Maine issued marriage license is only valid for a marriage ceremony done in Maine.
VITALCHEK EXPRESS CERTIFICATE SERVICE
If you need your birth or marriage certificate in a hurry, order through Vitalchek
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Vital Record Documents13 documents
- Who Can Request a Vital Record in Maine? Matrix From Maine Vital Records Shows Eligibility
- Direct & Legitimate Interest for Closed Records Pamphlet From Maine Vital Records Explains Eligibility
- Adoption Reunion Registry Pamphlet from State Vital Records for Adopted Persons
- Requesting a Vital Record By Mail Information on what is needed to send request by mail
- Birth Certificate Request Form Complete this form to request certified copy of Birth Records
- Death Certificate Request Form Complete this form to get certified copies of a Death Record
Marriage Records3 documents
- Marriage Intentions Form (Fillable) Complete This Form (but don't sign) BEFORE Coming For Your Appointment!
- Planning Your Marriage in Maine Info Helpful Info From State Office of Vital Records When Planning a MAINE Marriage
- Requesting a Certified Copy of Marriage Complete this form to get certified copies to show proof of being married
Parentage Records4 documents
- Maine Parentage Act Q & A's FAQ's about parentage in Maine
- Acknowledgment of Paternity
- Denial of Parentage
- Rescission of Acknowledgment or Denial or Parentage