Municipal Candidates and Committees
Municipal Candidates VIEW CURRENT CANDIDATE FORMS (scroll down)
Candidates for municipal office in towns and cities with a population of 15,000 or more are subject to Chapter 13 of the Maine Election Law. Those candidates must register and file campaign finance reports with the municipal clerk of the town or city. The candidates are also subject to the other restrictions in Chapter 13, such as the contribution limit. (30-A M.R.S.A. § 2502(1))
Candidates can obtain the necessary registration and reporting forms from the municipal clerk of their town or city.
Organizations and others seeking to influence municipal candidate elections and ballot questions may be required to register and file reports with the municipal clerk as a political action committee or a ballot question committee. See the sections on Political Action Committees and Ballot Question Committees for more information. (30-A M.R.S.A. § 2502(2))
The towns and cities in Maine with a population of 15,000 or more according to the 2010 U.S. Census are:
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Forms for Municipal Election12 documents
Municipal Committee Forms5 documents
- Municipal Committee Guide Guidebook for PAC and BQC
- Municipal Committee Registration Form for Filing as PAC or BQC
- Municipal Committee Principal Officer Acknowledgment of Responsibilities
- Municipal Committee Treasurer Acknowledgment of Responsibilities
- Municipal Committee Decision-Maker Acknowledgment of Responsibilities
Municipal Candidate Forms7 documents
- 2022 Candidate Filing Schedule Sanford.pdf Dates for November Municipal Election
- 2022 Municipal Candidate Getting Started Guidebook Forms & Filing Schedules for Nov. 2022 Candidates
- Municipal Candidate Registration Form 2 page form to register as a candidate.
- Municipal Campaign Finance Report Form Finance Report Form & Filing Schedule for 2022 Candidates
- Municipal 24-Hour Report Form Includes Instructions for Completing
- MaineDOT Regulations for Temporary Signs Guide for Placement of Political Signs along Maine Roads
- Policy on Paying Campaign Funds to Family Members This memorandum describes the policies and procedures regarding the use of campaign funds to pay a member of the candidate's immediate family or household.
Completed Candidate Registrations November 2022 Municipal Election5 documents
- Mayor Registration for 1 Mayor Candidate
- City Council Registrations for 4 City Council Candidates
- School Committee Candidates Registrations for 3 School Committee Candidates
- Water District Trustee Registration for 1 Water District Trustee Candidate
- Sewer District Trustee Registrations for 2 Sewer District Trustee Candidates