(Scroll to bottom for Sample Ballots)
Election dates for the City of Sanford are ALWAYS as follows:
First Tuesday in November after the first day of the month: Municipal Election.
NEXT ELECTION IS: Tuesday, November 7th
Polls are open 7AM – 8 PM
LAST DAY TO REQUEST AN ABSENTEE BALLOT: THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND
- Absentee Ballot Requests begin 3 months before Election Day: August 7, 2023
- CLICK HERE TO PRINT AN APPLICATION FOR ABSENTEE BALLOT TO BE MAILED TO YOU (After August 7th)
- Absentee Voting in person coming soon: stop by City Hall MON-THURS 7:30AM-5:30PM (starting October ??, 2023)
- This is the Election to vote for the Sanford City Officials-Council, School Committee, Water & Sewer Trustees.
RESOURCES FOR RANKED CHOICE VOTING
Secretary of State Page for Ranked Choice Voting Information.
MAINE VOTER GUIDE
Information & FAQ's provided by Maine Secretary of State.
MAINE ABSENTEE BALLOT REQUEST
THIS SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE FOR SCHOOL BUDGET ELECTION-STATE ELECTIONS ONLY
Maine citizens who are registered to vote may use this free service to request an absentee ballot for the: November 7, 2023, Referendum Election
Ballots must be received no later than 8:00 p.m. EDT on Election Day.
NOT SURE WHICH STATE REPRESENTATIVE TO LEGISLATURE DISTRICT YOU LIVE IN: CLICK HERE FOR STREET LIST TO FIND OUT
VOTER'S GUIDE FOR NOVEMBER 7TH REFERENDUM
Now available from Maine Secretary of State - click above to view
LOCAL CANDIDATE REGISTRATION FORMS to view more information regarding municipal candidates, including political party affiliation.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Sample Ballots November 7, 2023 State Referendum & Municipal Election3 documents
June 13, 2023 Election1 document
City Elections1 document
- Fiscal Year 2022/2023 School Budget Cost Center Summary As recommended by School Committee & approved by City Council